What is the Parent Association?
The role of the Parent Association is to be the link between school and home for the parents and school staff and management. We work with school staff, Board of Management and parents to support our children's learning and to ensure they have the best school education experience. We meet approximately ones a month as a committee. Within the committee we try to ensure representation from each class year with the aim of gaining a whole school perspective. If there is anything in particular you would like us to work with you on please get in touch. You can catch us most of the time at the school gates or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on our Facebook page.
- Chairperson - Elaine Hood
- Secretary - Kay Carmody
- Treasurer - Catriona O'Neill
Throughout the school year, you will find that the Parents' Association is involved in the organization of a range of events, examples of which are as follows:
- Provision of refreshments for Communion, Confirmation and Sports Day
- Working with the school on the Bord Bia 'Healthy Eating Initiative'.
- Social events for parents for example, Table Quiz, Social Nights etc
- Book fair and bake sale for pupils and the local community.
- Dress up days at Halloween, Christmas and World Book Day
- Christmas Raffle and Stall at Clonmellon Farmers Market
All events are to make your child's school days fun and also assist in their physical, emotional and educational development at Clonmellon National School.
The Parents Association Committee holds an AGM at the beginning of each school year, where new members are always welcome. Please contact the Parents Association if you are interested in joining the committee. Our email address is email@example.com . Not all parents can commit time to the Parents Association however there are plenty of other opportunities to get involved.
Frequently the Parents Association seeks additional support from parents and guardians for running such events. If you can provide assistance at any time, please email us and provide your name and phone number.